What personal data we collect and why
As a marketplace and ecommerce site, we collect a range of information so that we can provide the best services to our customers. We get information about you in a variety of ways.
Information You Give Us
By registering, shopping or contacting us we may collect your name, contact information, username, password, payment information as well as other information you give us directly on our Site.
Information Automatically Collected
There is some information that we automatically log about you and your computer. When you visit our Site we log your computer operating system, browser, browser language, the referring url, what pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, as well as other actions on our Site.
In some instances, we may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your computer by a website. We may use session cookies, permanent cookies and 3rd party cookies to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to make your experience with us more personal and specific. If you would prefer not to receive cookies from any web site, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies or to notify you whenever you are sent a cookie. Note that certain features of our web site may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
When visitors leave reviews on the site we collect the data shown in the reviews form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We utilize various website analytics tools including but not exclusive to Google Analytics and Google Search Console. These tools used to track and record site and marketing activity data. That includes obtaining specific visitor cookie data, such as the source, medium, and keyword used to visit our website from Google or from other online marketing channels. Google Analytics does not store any visitor specific data and we will not use visitor specific data in any way related to Google Analytics.
How we may use your information
- We may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our site, products, and services.
- We may use your personal information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- We may use your personal information to respond to comments, reviews and questions and provide customer service.
- We may use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We may useyour personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We may use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We may use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We may use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
Who we may share your data with
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
- Our service providers and the Vendors who fulfill your orders.
- Our service providers may provide hosting services, customer and technical support, marketing, billing, payment, or email services, security, anti-fraud or other operational support
Your personal information
When creating an account on odbody.com, it is important for you to choose a strong password, as this will help protect against unauthorized access. You should log out of our site when not in use, this will also further keep your information secure.
You can access, correct, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account on the Site and viewing and editing in your account dashboard.
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to processing of your information, to request deletion or obtain a copy of your personal information in an easily accessible format.
The name associated with your account is publicly displayed and connected to your account. Other people may see your profile, items listed for sale, your vendor pages, ratings and reviews
It is the decision of the user to allow or disallow their geographical location. In addition to your account information, odbody.com may be aware of your location based on individual IP addresses or from GPS. We may use this geographical information to send you custom offers based on your location.
If you chose to withdraw our consent to use your information in this Policy, your use of this Site and Services may be very limited, if not usable at all. We will retain the data we have for as long as necessary for our purposes laid out in this policy.
How long we keep your data
If you leave a review, the review and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left reviews, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Additionally, our marketing emails tell you how to opt-out of further communication. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to through our Contact Form
. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
SECURE CREDIT CARD PROCESSING
odbody.com has a secure checkout procedure in place that encrypts all personal information entered when placing an order, using socket layer technology (SSL). This information cannot be viewed or changed at any point after the order is placed. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We do our best to protect your personal information but are unable to guarantee its absolute security.